Wednesday, June 28, 2006

The anti-socialite

I'll be honest--I'm pretty much a loner. I like smaller groups and more intimate social situations than, say hanging out in bars or with more than a dozen people, especially if there're many people I just don't know.

But here's something I don't understand--people don't ask me out much. Do I give off some kind of vibe that says Don't Touch? I don't mean to. I find out about the bars or the clubs or the parties afterwards--usually the next day, when everyone is talking about how much fun they had and no one asks me why I wasn't there. I can't go to a place if I don't know it's happening. People have seen me at Industry Bar exactly three times, and everyone there was surprised--but it's only been four times that I knew anyone was going to be there.

I'd like to think I have a decent track record for showing up when someone invites me somewhere--someone tell me if I'm wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment