Saturday, November 4, 2006

Quite A Week

Interesting, the things that happen in a weeks' time.

Wednesday, Lindsay and I broke up. We were preparing to do so anyway, and with the extra time I'm spending here, we had a decision to make. Without going into all the details, we decided to break up now. Connecting with one another was just too difficult when we were preparing to end it. I guess this way, we ended it on our own terms. It's not like we don't like one another. There weren't fights or even arguments (not the relationship-shattering kind). It just wasn't working out, and we decided to end it before we really did start to resent one another. Though we still live together for a few more months, so maybe there's still time for a Jerry Springer episode's worth of material.

Saturday night I got a sinus infection. Doctors are expensive.

Wednesday, Lindsay lost her job because the restaurant she was managing went out of business. Since I'm having financial troubles anyway, and I didn't know how soon Lindsay would be able to get a job, and because I convinced Lindsay just a week earlier to clean out half her savings to pay off a credit card, I stopped taking Russian lessons and started looking for a second job. I have an interview to schedule, which is good news. I don't know whether I'll keep my current job, or how long I'll be able to work two jobs, or how much my Russian is going to suffer for the fact that I'm not taking classes with another human being. I do plan to get back into class, but for now, it's just not possible.

Then I broke my mp3 player while trying to upgrade the firmware.

Then I tried to post this blog, and somehow screwed up my internet connection for a few days.

I promise to post good news and happy thoughts as soon as they occur. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment