Friday, August 1, 2008

I Will Survive

I don't know who I am when I'm not busy. I've worked 47 hours from Monday to Thursday between the office and the bar, and with the Cubs playing home games 4 out of the 5 weekends in August, I'm gonna be so, so tired.
Also I started jogging a few times a week, which can be hard to find the time to do. I got those Perfect Pushup things to use, too. Mostly they're just okay, but it's cheaper than a gym membership and seeing them on the floor is a regular reminder that I can drop and do a few pushups while I'm thinking about it. I was gonna say drop and give me 20, but I still peter out before I get past 15. Maybe later.

So tired.

I paid off another credit card two weeks ago and still had a few bucks to spare for rent and such, so I increased regular payments on the rest of my cards by about 20% and I'm spending my cigarette money toward my credit card bills instead of on cigarettes. I smoke(d) about one pack every two days, so now instead I put an $8 payment on one of my credit cards three times a week.

I'm weary, but it feels good. Since I moved to Chicago, I've never worked this many hours to make this little money with this high a level of bills—but never have I made such significant progress. It goes to show that motivation and discipline are more important than income and resources.

I'm dedicated and I'm motivated to make more of myself and do better. I want to go to grad school, and though I know I won't be debt free by this time next year, I know that my credit is going to look better so that I can get the loans and/or scholarships I'm going to need.

Also I wanna look better naked. It's working.

And now it's time to throw some laundry into the dryers, put on some running shoes, and melt some more of my belly away before hosing myself down, passing out, dragging myself upright, riding the train, and working another 15 hours tomorrow.

But it's looking like I can sleep in Saturday and Sunday, so that's cool.

G'night.

No comments:

Post a Comment