Thursday, October 23, 2008

Mommy Dearest

In response to my request for good news, my mother emailed the following. I thought it deserved a broader audience.
(TM and TF is her shorthand for "The Mother" & "The Father")
1.TM & TF bought you a Christmas tree decoration.
2.I bask in happy thoughts of seeing you last July and entertain myself with thoughts of seeing you in Dec.
3.When I leave for work in the mornings, the light is just coming up in the east and by the time I arrive at school the light can be indescribably magical.
4.Obama will probably be president. Michelle will probably be first lady.
5.TF is tutoring my library aides, and they can do chemistry that they couldn't do otherwise.
6.TM & TF had dinner with Marian. She is smarter, wiser, & funnier every day.
7.I smile when I think of Lt. Dangle and Junior & their Thai restaurant delivery in the motel caper.
8.I've been eating more carefully, exercising faithfully, and my pants are getting looser.
9.I saw a booktv thing that talked about new media and web 2.0, and I thought of how clever and skilled you are with these things.
10.I love to read your writing. It paints a perfectly clear picture in my head. It puts me in the moment, in the place, in the action. I'm thinking of the bar scene from a posting before last.
11.All I want is for you to have the highest standards of ethics and service. That is exactly what you are. My life is complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment