Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Prelude to a Quote

Sometimes the things we want are ripped from us. It may be our fault, or it may not. It may be foreseeable, and then again it may not. That which we lose hurts most when it's something we feel we could have prevented.

Sometimes the things we need are made available to us. Maybe it's fate, and maybe it's serendipity, I don’t know. If I had all the answers, not a day of my life would be lived in misery. And I’ve had more than a few days of misery since I came to this town. I’m certain there will be others.

It’s left to us to recognize how to make the most of what we need lest we lose it. It is by our hand that we appreciate the things we want when we have them, and it is our choice to deal with loss in our own way.

Yesterday, as I was re-watching one of my favorite TV shows, I was yanked forward by the following excerpt. I’ve watched this bit over a dozen times since then, and when I’m at my lowest, I come back to it. I had what I wanted, and lost it. I was presented with something I needed, and I used it.

And now I share it.

No comments:

Post a Comment