Sunday, February 18, 2007

New Start

This week beats last week.

Last week, someone I know came to me and let me know she was interested in me. I took a couple of days to think about it, because I was scared. After all, hadn't I *just* recovered from a relationship? Hadn't I decided it was time to start living for myself? Wasn't I finally comfortable being who I was when I was alone? Yes. Yes I was.

But then I thought, why not? I achieved the goals I had set, which was to start living for myself. I made myself happy first. I worked, I studied, I exercised, and I went to bed peaceful and content every night. I decided as long as I don't sacrifice the life I had begun to make for myself, why not share my time with someone who wants to get closer to me? Besides, she's cute. Smart. Funny. Charismatic. Everyone I know (and more importantly, everyone whose opinion I respect) really likes her. So last Sunday, I decided to give it a try, and start dating.

Since then, I've hardly spent a moment out of her company. She's wonderful. She's sweet. She's fun. She makes me laugh. She's great to go out with, and she's fantastic to stay in with. Heh—and I thought I was going to go home sad and alone on Valentine's Day. Fooled me.

I was scared at first, because my future plans are still intact. I'm still going to Moscow, unless something unforeseen and out of my control stops me. But she accepts this along with the rest of me and who I am, and she's still here, and everything is happy and comfortable and wonderful and . . . . and, and, and. What's going to happen as of August is something we've not yet discussed, but since we've only been together for a week and have six months to go, it's a conversation that can wait a bit.

Grin :)

Her name is Heather.

What else can I say?

"Sing like no one's listening,
dance like no one's watching,
and love like you've never been hurt."

No comments:

Post a Comment