Sunday, March 4, 2007

Growth

Well, I didn't find out if I got the part with FUNimation; in this case, no news is bad news. They usually start recording less than a week after the audition, so whoever got the part(s) has surely laid down an episode or two by now.

Eh, whatever. Life is one long string of rejections and failures, accented by the occasional victory. Besides, it wasn't the only thing going on in my life.

Yesterday, I had the kind of day at work that makes me both proud and sad. Proud because I felt like a superstar--my tables and the tables around me loved me so much, every word I said was gold to these people. It was the kind of experience that makes me happy to be doing what I do. I gave several dozen people an amazing experience, and I had so much fun doing it that I felt better about not having my career yet. At least I'm entertaining people, and I made great money doing it.

On the other hand, it's that kind of complacency that keeps me from pressing my carreer, and a few years down the line I'll get depressed again for the fact that I haven't been pressing my career. But I guess as long as I realize my mistakes, I'm less likely to continue to make them . . . . right?

At any rate, I came home from work to find that Heather had put away my laundry and cooked me yummy dinner. Pasta and broccoli and shrimp and cheesy goodness. I even got a backrub, not for the first time.

Mark Happy.

In other news . . . .

Last July, I found out my older sister was pregnant again.

Last Monday (ten days past his due date, mind you), I found out my older sister was no longer pregnant again. Three days before his older brother's birthday, and three days after his mother's birthday, Matthew Ryan Nelson was born at 8 lbs 2 oz.

These pictures were taken just a few hours after his birth--the youngest baby I've ever held.





No comments:

Post a Comment